Fasting has been practiced for centuries in many cultures to heal the mind, body and spirit but, can fasting heal cancer? There is a lot of new research made on fasting and how it can heal cancer.
Keep reading to find out: what causes cancer? Is there a real cure for cancer? Can fasting heal cancer? What is the best fasting strategy for cancer patients? How can we prevent and cure cancer?
What causes cancer?
Many experts agree that cancer is a result of a metabolic dysfunction, a deficiency in nutrition. It might be because you are not eating a nutritious diet needed for your immune system to work properly, or because you are eating toxic food which might contain too much processed sugar, genetically modified organisms (GMO), pesticides, heavy metals or any other environmental toxins and chemicals.
Many people are eating a cancer causing diet full of chemicals, toxins and sugary processed foods. There have been found cancer chemicals in personal care products and even cancer chemicals in some medications.
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine said:
“Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food but, to eat when you are sick is to feed your sickness”
All those toxins might compromise our immune system and make us sick and some people might develop cancer as a result. Toxins impair the immune system and make the organs dysfunctional so they don´t work as they should anymore.
A sedentary lifestyle makes our body accumulate toxins from the environment so, we need to do daily physical activity. We need to move more, such as walking 30 minutes every day so that, our lymphatic system can function properly in removing the toxins accumulated in our bodies.
There are other factors such as viral infections, chronic infections, stress, toxic resentful emotions such as lack of forgiveness, lack of sleep, lack of sunshine and vitamin D deficiency for instance.
Is there a real cure for cancer?
Many experts, such as Ty Bollinger, who has been for several years interviewing the most experienced doctors, scientists and researchers around the world, has shown what they all think about the cure for cancer.
They all agree that, the cure is really within ourselves, in other words, it will depend on the epigenetics such as the environmental factors that affect our lives: what we eat, how we eat, what are we exposed to, and how we live our lives.
Therefore, the key to cure cancer is within yourself by having a proper nutrition and detoxifying your body the proper way from all the environmental toxins. The experts insist that, what really makes people sick is the lack of nutrients so, eating a nutritious diet combined with fasting will cure people with cancer.
Food can be epigenetics, in other words, lifestyle choices can influence gene expression. Therefore, what we eat and what we do can modify our DNA and can turn off bad genes and turn on good genes that keep us healthy.
Can fasting heal cancer?
People from different cultures around the world have been fasting during centuries for the healing of their body, mind and spirit.
Christians believe in the words of our Lord Jesus Christ when he said:
“Satan and his plagues might be cast out only by fasting and prayer”
There is evidence based medicine that supports the theory that fasting can kill cancer cells.
The Seyfried´s study, published in 2014 in the Carcinogenesis Journal, supports that cancer is a metabolic disease as the result of the dysfunction of energy production through cellular respiration and fermentation.
Can fasting shrink tumors?
Seyfried shows that the cancer growth and progression of even metastatic cancer, can be reversed with a transition from using fermentable metabolites such as glucose and glutamine for fuel, to using respiratory metabolites such as ketone bodies. Let me explain to you what all these means.
Cancer cells burn only sugar to produce energy while healthy cells can burn either sugar and ketones to produce energy.
Does fasting starve cancer cells?
When you fast, the blood sugar goes down and you produce ketones. The healthy cells can keep working efficiently during fasting using ketones for energy but, the cancer cells die because they can´t use ketones for energy. Therefore, when you fast tumors shrink as does your fat.
Our bodies are genetically prepared to fast and to live without food for several days because, the body will take the fat and use it for energy. However, dysfunctional cells such as cancer cells can´t survive without food because they need glucose for energy so, cancer cells will die during fasting.
And the Seyfried study is not the only one to show how fasting prevents and heals cancer, there is another study published in 2016 that reviews how fasting is very effective in the prevention and treatment of cancer.
If you look at this, people with cancer are mostly feeding the cancer cells if they keep eating a high carbs and sugary diet.
If people with cancer ate a well-balanced healthy diet full of nutrients based on whole food and low glicemic carbs such as legumes (beans), vegetables (broccoli, olives) and citrus fruits (lemon), very lean proteins (fish, chicken), and healthy fats (avocados, olive oil), anticancer herbs and spices (curcuma) and, add a fasting lifestyle such as intermittent fasting and even water fasting for a few days, they could overcome cancer.
There are many people around the world who have thrived through a cancer diagnosis and healed.
There is a genetic switch turned on during fasting, in other words, fasting turns off bad genes such as oncogenes and turns on good protective genes such as anti-inflammatory and longevity genes.
What is the best fasting strategy for cancer patients?
The best fasting strategy for cancer patients would be to start with intermittent fasting and to do extended fasting as well.
The experts in fasting recommend to start with daily intermittent fasting by eating early in the morning as you wake up and then having lunch and not eating any food after lunch until the next day. It could be a 6 hrs eating window from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm and 18 hrs fasting window from 1:30 pm to 7:30 am the next day when you have breakfast and repeat the strategy every day.
After a few weeks, your body will get fat adaptive and you will feel comfortable eating this way. Then you could add 2 days a week 24 hrs fasting when you would have a well-balanced breakfast and not eat any food until the next day when you will have breakfast again so, it would be breakfast at 7:30 am and then, water only until the next day at 7:30 when you eat again.
When you get comfortable doing the 24 hrs fast, you can attempt to do longer fasts such as 48 hrs or even more extended fasting for 3, 4 or 5 days. Some people with cancer have healed with even longer periods of fasting.
There is a study which showed that by doing an extended 5-7 days water-only fast once a year the risk of developing cancer went down 95%
How can we prevent and cure cancer?
In order to prevent and cure cancer, you need to have a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat a nutritious well-balanced diet based on organic whole foods, no sugar, no flour, no processed foods whatsoever. It´s important that the carbs in your diet are low glicemic such as legumes, vegetables and citrus fruits, choose lean proteins such as fish and chicken, and healthy fats such as avocados, nuts and olive oil.
- Gut health.
- Keep a healthy gut that will allow you to absorb the nutrients in your diet. Most people have gut compromise because of chemicals, GMO and glycerol phosphate in the wheat.
- Physical activity.
- Have daily physical activity such as walking 30 minutes every day will activate your lymphatic system which is able to detoxify your body.
- Drink plenty of spring mineral water daily which will keep your cells well hydrated and will help you detoxify your body. Hydration is the #1 mechanism that supports the homeostasis in the body.
- Practice intermittent fasting as a healthy lifestyle and do some extended fasts (4 or 5 days water-only) twice a year.
- Balance your hormones because high insulin levels and high blood sugar feed cancer cells so, get off sugar now. Sugar is a poison for all of us specially for cancer patients.
- Get rid of infections: fungal, viral, chronic infections. HPV is related to cancer over 30%
- Envirornmental toxins.
- You need to detox from environmental pollutants such as heavy metals, benzine, chlorine, fluoride, pesticides, GMO
- Emotional toxins.
- Get rid of emotional toxins. Stress affects your whole body. For instance, stress diminishes hydrochloric acid in the stomach which is needed to digest food and kill parasites and bugs.
- Cancer cells die in hyperthermia. Sweating is another form of detoxification so, going to a sauna at least 5 times per week could be beneficial for removing the toxins in your body through skin and, to speed up your metabolism and stimulate autophagy which, is the mechanism by which your body breaks down dysfunctional or sick cell compounds to repair and rebuild healthy cells. This discovery was awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physiology Medicine. There is another study published in 2018 that concludes that intermittent fasting promotes autophagy which enhances the efficacy of cancer therapy while protects normal cells.
- At least 9 hrs daily sleep overnight is required for your immune system to function properly.
- Have Sunshine every day: adequate vitamin D levels through sun exposure reduce cancer by 50%.
My final opinion
My final opinion is that fasting is a powerful strategy to prevent disease even shrink tumors and heal cancer.
The more you practice fasting, the more efficient your body will get at doing it, so don´t give up, you can do this.
My final conclusion is:
Yes, there is a cure for cancer and yes, you can prevent it through fasting and healthy anti-cancer nutrition and lifestyle.
In my opinion, after all the new research on fasting and cancer evidence based medicine, it would be malpractice not to offer fasting as a treatment option for cancer patients.
Then, what are you waiting for?
Start eating a healthy nutritious anti-cancer diet, change your lifestyle by quitting bad habits and adding good healthy anti-cancer lifestyle habits to your daily routine, have positive and good thoughts and emotions towards yourself and others, start doing fasting as a healthy lifestyle and pray. You´ll see results on how this good changes will transform your life.
If you would like to find more information about fasting for healing cancer, attend:
If you would like to know more about the Functional Medicine approach to cancer and other chronic conditions, which focuses on finding the root cause of the diseases to really heal our bodies, check out where you can learn how to apply this new paradigm of medicine, just read my review on Functional Medicine University.
What do you think about a healthy lifestyle and fasting to prevent and cure cancer. Please, leave me your comment in the section below.
God bless you,